We know that our community is an area full of hardworking families and youth with dreams and high potential and we want to help, so we are proud to offer scholarship opportunities for youth who will be attending college in the fall. Here is some of our history:
- Spring of 2013 – HOPE Scholarship Established
- Ms. Sagrario Wang, a teacher who is originally from the community approached the Parish with a vision and donation to help the college bound youth in the community and St. Joseph’s HOPE Scholarship was established.
- May 2013 – St. Joseph’s First Wine Social Scholarship Fundraiser
- That year St. Joseph’s Leadership & Development Group hosted it’s first Wine Social to raise funds for the new Scholarship Fund.
- The Wine Social Fundraiser has become an annual staple for the community and has grown every year since.
- December of 2014 – Mrs. Shirley Bautista joins St. Joseph Scholarship
- Mrs. Bautista made a generous donation for the 2015 Scholarship Fund and joined the St. Joseph Scholarship Committee.
- Every year since, Mrs. Bautista along with the Bautista Memorial Foundation have been a great asset to the St. Joseph Scholarship Fund and have helped award more scholarships to deserving youth.
- March 2015 – SERVICE Scholarship Fund Created
- The SERVICE Scholarship was created as a way to offer an opportunity to past HOPE Scholarship recipients to get additional scholarship support. This scholarship is ONLY open to past HOPE recipients and they can only win this scholarship once.
- Summer 2016 – ASRA Productions Donates towards Scholarship Fund
- ASRA Productions made a generous donation towards the 2017 Scholarship Fund that further helped us award more scholarships to deserving youth this year.
- July 16, 2017 – 16 Deserving Youth Awarded Scholarships
- Since our inception in 2013, we have been able to award 50 scholarships, including the 16 scholarships we awarded this year.
- August 12, 2018 – 12 Deserving Youth Awarded Scholarships
- We were happy to award seven HOPE Scholarships and five SERVICE Scholarships to outstanding college/college-bound students this year.
With support the community and generous donations we hope to be able to help even more youth in years to come!